Harira - Moroccan Ramadan Soupby May Foong
Ingredients:300g (10.7oz) lamb shoulder, cubed (or use beef)
1 can chick peas (garbanzo), drained
1 large onion, chopped
800g (1.7lb) carrots, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
30g (1oz) red/brown lentils
1 1/2 tbsp WORLDFOODS THAI YELLOW CURRY PASTE
5 cups water
1 tbsp oil
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
Dash of black pepper
Coriander leaves (Cilantro)
Preparations:1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and cook onions until soft.
2. Add in lamb and WORLDFOODS THAI YELLOW CURRY PASTE and cook for approximately 2 minutes until lamb is browned.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until it softens, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in water and chick peas and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for 1 hour or until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add in lentils and cook, covered for about 30 minutes or until lentils are just tender.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges and hot crusty bread.
7. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1. This recipe can be made in advanced and stored refrigerated overnight.
Log in or register to post comments