White Chocolate and Baileys Souffleby Peggy Cheah
75g white chocolate
300g caster sugar plus extra for dusting
2 egg yolks
7 egg whites
butter for greasing
Preparations:1. Preheat oven to 190ºC
2. Bring milk and baileys to boil
3. Put the white chocolate over a bain-marie to melt, whisking continously
4. Place one-third of sugar, corn flour and egg yolks in a saucepan and
slowly mix in the milk and baileys mixture to make a creme patisserie.
5. Simmer over low heat until thick and smooth
6. Whisk the egg whites to a stiff peaks and slowly add the remaining sugar.
7. Butter 4 ramekins and dust with sugar.
8. Gently fold together creme patisserie and egg white.
9. Pour into ramekin. Run a knife around the edges.
10. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
11. Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
ps. Do not open oven when baking. If necessary to check, make sure to be very gentle with oven door. Do not slam as souffle will sink.
Log in or register to post comments