- PREP: 10M
- COOK: 20M
- SERVINGS: 4
- 500 g sting ray / mackerel fish (4 pieces)
- 500 ml water
- 3 tbsp of WORLDFOODS Tamarind Paste
- 2 tbsp of WORLDFOODS Thai Red Curry Paste
- Few laksa leaves (optional)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- 1 white onion, cut rings
- 3 red big chillies, cut 1 cm long
- 5 lady’s fingers, cut into 2 cm long
- 2 tomatoes, cut wedges
- Cooking oil, for shallow fry and sauté
- Fish sauce & sugar, to taste
- Salt, white pepper, turmeric powder and sugar, to season the fish
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp of WORLDFOODS Chilli Paste
- Pre-fry the fish. First season the fish with salt, white pepper, turmeric powder and sugar then shallow fry for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok, heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil, fry the onion rings and laksa leaves then add the cooking paste.
- Add the pre-fried fish and lightly coat the fish with the paste.
- Add WORLDFOODS Tamarind Paste and Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Add lady's fingers, tomatoes, chillies, lemongrass and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust consistency and taste, add more water, fish sauce or sugar if needed.
- This tamarind curry fish should have a little thick consistency. When the lady's fingers are soft then it's done