- Pick through the crab meat and take out any remaining bits of shell.
- Gradually add the crushed saltines, one tablespoon at a time until the remaining moisture from the crab is absorbed. You might not use all the cracker crumbs.
- With a whisk, beat together the eggs, mayonnaise and WORLDFOODS Thai Hot Green Chilli Dipping Sauce.
- Combine the mixture with the crab and mix carefully, without breaking up the lumps of meat. Add salt to taste.
- Form the crab mixture into balls about 10cm in diameter, then flatten to a thickness of about 5cm. (You should have twelve.)
- Arrange the crab cakes on a tray and refrigerate them at least two hours so they hold their shape. Cover the tray with plastic wrap.
- In a deep skillet, heat the olive oil until very hot but not smoking.
- Fry the crab cakes until brown on each side, turning once. (The crab is already cooked so you don’t need to cook them through.)
- Drain the crab cakes on kitchen paper and serve immediately with the sauce.
Crab Cake Sauce
Combine the mayonnaise and WORLDFOODS Thai Hot Green Chilli Dipping Sauce with a whisk and serve with the crab cakes, on the side.