Part 1: Making the puff dough
- Mix plain flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl. Using a knife, cut the margarine into small pieces and blend in the flour. Continue using fingers to further mix the margarine until no lumps.
- Make an indent in the middle and pour water. Stir the water and until it forms a dough. Briefly knead, wrap in a cling film and chill it until it's ready to be used.
Part 2: Make the filling
- Sautee onions for 1 minute. Add chicken, let it cook and season with a bit salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons WORLDFOODS Singaporean Nyonya Laksa Paste.
- Add cubed potatoes then sugar and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and let the water boils.
- As soon as the water evaporates, remove from the heat.
Part 3: Putting it together and fry
- Take out the dough, roll into 4 mm thick, then cut it out with 5 mm ring. Roll it again to flatten it to 2 mm thick.
- Scoop the potato chicken laksa, close the puff into half circle shape. Pinch the edge to close tightly.
- Using a toothpick, seal the edges.
- When all the puffs are done, shallow-fry for 3-4 minutes each side until they turn golden brown.