Lemongrass Coconut Milk Fish Pot Pie
Recipe by: Worldplatter
- PREP: 1M
- COOK: 1Hn/a
- SERVINGS: 6
- 200g white fish fillet
- 100g frozen mixed vegetables
- 200ml frozen coconut milk, reduced fat
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2tbsp WORLDFOODS Lemongrass Paste
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseed and roughly chopped
- 1 bay leave
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper
- coriander, chopped
- vegetable oil
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash)
- Season the dorry fish fillet with salt and pepper. Rub with 1 tablespoon WORLDFOODS Lemongrass Paste. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 C. Let it rest and tear fillet into big flakes.
- Blanch the frozen mixed vegetables
- In a skillet, heat up vegetable oil, sauté chopped garlic, red onion, red chillies, 2 tablespoons WORLDFOODS Lemongrass Paste. Add coconut milk then 100 ml chicken stock, stir and add bay leaves.
- Season with sugar, fish sauce, salt and pepper. When the mixture comes to boil, add the blanched mixed vegetables, fish flakes.
- Let it cooked until the coconut milk thickens, fish out the bay leave then add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
- Transfer into 4 ramekins, cover with puff pastry, make a small cut on the puff pastry with a sharp knife. Then brush it with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C until the puff pastry has puffed up and turns golden brown.