Tamarind Gula Melaka Ice Cream
- PREP: 15M
- COOK: 30M
- SERVINGS: 4
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 70 g egg yolk (from 2 eggs)
- 70 g gula melaka (coconut palm sugar), shaved and finely chopped - if this is not available, it can be substituted with soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp WORLDFOODS Tamarind Paste
- Whisk egg yolk over bain marie (double boiler) until it is light and fluffy. The bain marie is important, besides to thicken the egg yolk, it also cooks the egg yolk at the same time. Then whisk in the gula melaka for few minutes.
- Separately, whip the heavy cream until medium stiff peak.
- Gently fold in the egg yolk into the whipped cream. Fold in tamarind paste as well.
- Pour into a container that is lined with a cling wrap.
- Freeze overnight.