- PREP: 10M
- COOK: 20M
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 eggs
- 100g (3.5oz) bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup croutons
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Anchovies (optional)
- WORLDFOODS Thai Coconut and Lime Salad Dressing
Caesar salad dressing:
- 1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg yoke
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
Preparing the dressing:
- Add mustard, garlic in a mixing bowl. add lemon juice and egg yoke and whip. Finally add parmesan cheese and oilve oil.
- Poach eggs in a pan of slightly acidulated water.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon until golden and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Toss lettuce, bacon and croutons with Caesar salad dressing. Divide onto 4 plates. Add anchovies if desired.
- Spoon poached egg on top of each plate..
- Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese.