- PREP: 20M
- COOK: 180M
- SERVINGS: 4
- 300g skin-on pork belly(rinse well and pat dry)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cm knob of ginger, chop finely
- 1 medium carrot - cut into wedges
- 1/2 jar WORLDFOODS Vietnamese Five Spice 'Bo Kho'
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 300ml meat broth (pork/chicken)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional - to enhance flavour and aroma)
- Heat the pan over medium high heat, add the oil, then the diced onions. Cook until translucent, then add the chopped ginger and WORLDFOODS Five Spice 'Bo Kho' Stir-fry sauce. Continue cooking the onions and spices, stirring vigorously, until fragrant, about two minutes.
- Lay the pork belly flat, skin side down, on the pot over the onions and spices. Add enough meat broth to completely cover the belly. Add dark soy sauce, fish sauce and carrot
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the pot to boil for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove the pork belly to cool and cut into slices.
- Put the slice pork belly back into the pot and let it simmer over low heat for at least three hours or until the pork is tender.
- Serve with rice.